Your Cart is Currently Empty
The use of natural antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients are vital to our skin care regimen.
These components are found both in our skincare and can also be found in beauty supplements. Nutrient packed natural extracts of plants like chamomile and certified USDA Certified Organic Shea Butter are used all across the world to keep skin glowing, radiant, and youthful. Over time, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients have been made them available in moisturizers, serums, conditioners, gels, and anti-aging products. A lot of skincare products products showcase the goodness of antioxidants and other nutrients. An antioxidant is defined as a substance that destroys the harmful oxygen free radicals which cause premature aging and sagging skin. These free radicals could come from substances in our diet or they could also be a product of normal functioning and aging of the body. They or could be also be caused from external factors like ultraviolet radiation from the sun.
Though the idea of free radicals can be complex to understand, it is important to know that these radicals can harm your cells which can result in gene mutation. These mutations can lead to various disorders and make one incapable of repairing any damage that may be done to the skin. Antioxidants can help us to reduce the amount of free radicals in our system. This ensures that we not only keep our skin looking beautiful but also healthy. Further, antioxidants can work to decrease the effect of free radicals and is a core ingredient in many skincare products which can help in conquering issues related to ageing skin. Problems like wrinkles, spots, hyperpigmentation and sagging skin can be heavily decreased by increasing the amount of antioxidants in your diet, topical application of antioxidant concentrates, and/or antioxidant supplements.
MINERALS FOR BEAUTIFUL SKIN
- COPPER: Copper helps to stimulate your body to make of collagen and elastin, helps to thicken the epidermis, increases vascularity and oxygenation to the body as well.
- IRON: Supplies energy to every cell in the body and a vital component of hemoglobin which supplies oxygen to muscles. A deficiency could cause a pale lackluster complexion.
- MAGNESIUM: is herbal dietary supplements that aids in strong cardiac function and smooth muscle relaxation, including the muscles in your face.
- SELENIUM: contains antioxidants that helps to decrease various ailments of the skin.
- SULFUR: Sulfur is a part of the protein called Keratin. Keratin is seen in nails, hair and skin. Sulfur is vital for the making of collagen and is needed for the connective tissues.
- ZINC: Zinc is required for collagen production and elastin synthesis, as well as DNA repair. Zinc is needed for DNA duplication, which is a must for healthy dividing cells.
VITAMINS FOR BEAUTIFUL SKIN
- VITAMIN A: The vitamin necessary for healthy skin. A deficiency or too much Vitamin A can cause your skin to feel rough and also be very dry. When applied on the skin, it can decreased the level of free radicals.
- VITAMIN C: Known for its antioxidant powers and photoprotective abilities. When applied to the skin, vitamin C is used in the prevention and treatment of skin aging. It is also used for skin brightening and reducing hyperpigmentation.
- VITAMIN D: This has been shown to reverse skin damage while also having the ability to increase wound healing. Vitamin D is produced in the body after exposure to the sun and has been shown to have a beneficial effect on skin repair and hair growth.
- VITAMIN E: Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant. Experiments show that it may protect against the degradation of collagen, and also prevent skin damage by environmental attack and aging.
- CoQ10 also known as Coenzyme Q-10: Taking this as a supplement or using it on the skin has a beneficial effect of high reduction of photoaging of your skin. It also reduces oxidative DNA damage and suppresses the degrading of one’s collagen.
OTHER DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS FOR BEAUTIFUL SKIN
- Hyaluronic acid which is also called known as hyaluronan, is an ingredient that is naturally made inside your body. These three organs contain the highest levels of Hyaluronic Acid: 1) skin, 2) connective tissue and 3) eyes. Hyaluronic Acids primary action in the body is to retain water to keep your tissues well hydrated, lubricated and moist.
- Collagen which is a particular type of protein comprised of amino acids, best for keeping the tissues and bones together and healthy. There exist various collagen types throughout your body, from your muscles and bones to hairs, joints, and skin.
Maintaining youthful, healthy skin starts from within. Ensuring that our diets are well balanced to provide us with the antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients is necessary to keep our outer glow! Here at Purely Shea Organics we are your ONE-STOP shop for natural beauty, natural health and wellness.